RETAIL WHOLESALE UNION RETIRED MEMBERS ASSOCIATION
AT: Church of St. Mary the Virgin, New Westminster BC
The meeting was called to order at 10:05 am with Brother Shawn Lakusta in the Chair.
MINUTES of the previous meeting were read by Brother Don Gardner and adopted.
Brother Shawn Lakusta gave the staff report.
- Thanks to Frank Allison for setting up the room.
- Viceroy Homes – Employees have all left the company without pay. A new owner is supposed to be coming in and re-opening the company, but skilled workers may have already moved on.
- Produce Terminal – Bargaining is now deferred to next year.
- Lucerne Milk Plant – The Labour Relations Board has denied the application made for reconsideration of their decision to cancel the Union’s certification at the Milk Plant. The employees are now Teamsters members.
- BC West – Frank Allison was in midst of organizing. There are about 45 to 50 warehouse workers, and about 27 dependent contractors. A submission for certification was made to LRB.
- Pearl Wong Fung will retire at the end of August, 2015. Ada Leong will be joining the Pension Office effective August 1, 2015.
- Suggestion to post the Retired Members Association minutes as drafted on the RWU website.
OLD BUSINESS: none.
NEXT MEETING: September 15, 2015
- One toque
- One golf shirt
- One long sleeve shirt
Meeting adjourned at 11:00 am