RETAIL WHOLESALE UNION
RETIRED MEMBERS ASSOCIATION
AT: Church of St. Mary the Virgin, New Westminster BC
The meeting was called to order at 10:10 am with Brother Shawn Lakusta in the Chair.
MINUTES of the previous meeting were read by Brother Shawn Lakusta and adopted.
Brother Shawn Lakusta gave the staff report.
- The position as the President of the Retired Members Association is open since Mr. Al Cumiford had passed away. Please contact the Union Office if any member is interested.
- Busy year for bargaining – about 6 Collective Agreements to be done this year.
- BC West – in the process of negotiating the first collective agreement.
- Lucerne Milk Plant – Complaint filed with the Human Rights Tribunal has been dismissed. The distribution of assets will be delayed as FICOM has not approved the retirement age 62 issue. A Notice of Objection has been filed and we are waiting for their response. Considerable discussion followed.
- BC FORUM – Ray Haynes was congratulated for being the Sunshine Coast representative for the FORUM (Federation of Retired Union Members).
- With the Milk Plant windup, Jim O’Neill will be stepping down as the retiree representative to attend the Board of Trustees’ meetings of the Pension Plan, and another representative will need to be appointed.
- Lantic – visitors need to sign in and be escorted by a superintendent as there are safety and sanitary measures that the Company has to follow.
NEW BUSINESS: None
OLD BUSINESS: none.
NEXT MEETING: June 14, 2016
MAIN DRAW: a black golf shirt
Meeting adjourned at 10:55 am.